2021 North Coast Wine Challenge:
GOLD, Best of Class and 98 Points for 2019 Cuvée Sasha
98 Points, Top Value Wine
“Beautiful, sweet & sour cherry, very balanced, loads of baking spices, a WOW wine, stand up and say hello, mocha dust”
“Gorgeous extraction … big, ripe and juicy; sweet and creamy.”
Here are the judges who took part in the Press Democrat North Coast Wine Challenge:
- Daryl Groom: Chief judge and owner/winemaker, Groom Wines, Healdsburg
- Chelsea Barrett: Winemaker, Matterra Cunat Family Vineyards in Napa. She launched Aviatrix of Napa with her mom, winemaker Heidi Barrett, and sister Remi Barrett, Calistoga.
- Heidi Barrett: Winemaker for Barrett & Barrett Wines, Calistoga
- Tim Bell: Winemaker, Dry Creek Vineyards, Healdsburg
- Dan Berger: Master sommelier and wine journalist, Santa Rosa
- Scot Covington: Winemaker for Trione Vineyards and Winery, Geyserville
- Traci Dutton: Sommelier, wine and beverage judge and manager of the Public Wine and Beverage Studies at the Culinary Institute of America, Napa County
- Ziggy Eschliman: Radio and TV personality and wine blogger, Sonoma County
- Nick Goldschmidt: Winemaker and consultant, Goldschmidt Vineyards, Healdsburg
- Bill Hayes: Wine category manager, BevMo!, U.S. West Coast
- Barry Herbst: Wine director, Bottle Barn Liquors, Santa Rosa
- Kady Kahale: Head of wine buying, Naked Wines US; wine consultant and winemaker, Napa
- Jesse Katz: Winemaker, Aperture and Devil Proof Vineyards, Healdsburg
- Ellen Landis: Certified sommelier, certified wine specialist and wine educator, Windsor
- Jon McCarthy: Certified sommelier, wine and beverage director for The Matheson, Healdsburg
- Peg Melnik: Wine critic, The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa
- Chris Munsell: Director of winemaking, E&J Gallo Winery, Sonoma County
- Linda Murphy: Contributing writer, Sonoma Magazine and The Press Democrat, Healdsburg
- Laura Ness: Wine journalist, columnist and judge, Bay Area
- Erik Olsen: COO, Fetzer Vineyards, Hopland
- Alexandria Sarovich: Sommelier at the three-Michelin-star Single Thread Farm, Restaurant & Inn, Healdsburg
- Christopher Sawyer: Wine writer and “Sommelier to the Stars,” Sonoma
- Mick Schroeter: Director of winemaking, Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards, Windsor
- Elizabeth “Liz” Thach: Master of wine, professor of wine, professor of management, author
- Greg Urimi: Production manager, Paul Hobbs Wines, Sebastopol
- Larry Van Aalst: Radio host of “The Sonoma Wine Report,” CRN Digital Talk Radio, Santa Rosa
- Wilfred Wong: Chief storyteller, wine.com, San Francisco
- Debbie Zachareas: Wine expert and lecturer, Napa County
2020 East Meets West Coast Wine Competition: Double Gold and Best of Class for 2018 Miro Cellars Cuvée SashaThe West Coast took top honors for Best Red, Best Dessert, Best Rosé and Best of Show at this year’s East Meets West Wine Competition. This is a joint...
The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition is the Largest Competition of American WinesEvery January in San Francisco: Join thousands of fellow wine-lovers to experience award-winning wine at the “San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition Public Tasting” at Fort...
The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition is the largest competition of American WinesCloverdale, CA, January 10, 2020 – There were over sixty-five judges, representing various North American wine regions, evaluating nearly 6,700 wines from over 1,000 wineries for...
2017 Miro Cellars Reserve Pine Mountain Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Wins Gold Medal at Dan Berger International Wine Competition 2019 The Competition: After 34 years of conducting one of the nation’s most respected wine competitions, wine columnist/ journalist Dan...