2021 North Coast Wine Challenge:
GOLD, Best of Class and 98 Points for 2019 Cuvée Sasha
98 Points, Top Value Wine
“Beautiful, sweet & sour cherry, very balanced, loads of baking spices, a WOW wine, stand up and say hello, mocha dust”
“Gorgeous extraction … big, ripe and juicy; sweet and creamy.”
Here are the judges who took part in the Press Democrat North Coast Wine Challenge:
- Daryl Groom: Chief judge and owner/winemaker, Groom Wines, Healdsburg
- Chelsea Barrett: Winemaker, Matterra Cunat Family Vineyards in Napa. She launched Aviatrix of Napa with her mom, winemaker Heidi Barrett, and sister Remi Barrett, Calistoga.
- Heidi Barrett: Winemaker for Barrett & Barrett Wines, Calistoga
- Tim Bell: Winemaker, Dry Creek Vineyards, Healdsburg
- Dan Berger: Master sommelier and wine journalist, Santa Rosa
- Scot Covington: Winemaker for Trione Vineyards and Winery, Geyserville
- Traci Dutton: Sommelier, wine and beverage judge and manager of the Public Wine and Beverage Studies at the Culinary Institute of America, Napa County
- Ziggy Eschliman: Radio and TV personality and wine blogger, Sonoma County
- Nick Goldschmidt: Winemaker and consultant, Goldschmidt Vineyards, Healdsburg
- Bill Hayes: Wine category manager, BevMo!, U.S. West Coast
- Barry Herbst: Wine director, Bottle Barn Liquors, Santa Rosa
- Kady Kahale: Head of wine buying, Naked Wines US; wine consultant and winemaker, Napa
- Jesse Katz: Winemaker, Aperture and Devil Proof Vineyards, Healdsburg
- Ellen Landis: Certified sommelier, certified wine specialist and wine educator, Windsor
- Jon McCarthy: Certified sommelier, wine and beverage director for The Matheson, Healdsburg
- Peg Melnik: Wine critic, The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa
- Chris Munsell: Director of winemaking, E&J Gallo Winery, Sonoma County
- Linda Murphy: Contributing writer, Sonoma Magazine and The Press Democrat, Healdsburg
- Laura Ness: Wine journalist, columnist and judge, Bay Area
- Erik Olsen: COO, Fetzer Vineyards, Hopland
- Alexandria Sarovich: Sommelier at the three-Michelin-star Single Thread Farm, Restaurant & Inn, Healdsburg
- Christopher Sawyer: Wine writer and “Sommelier to the Stars,” Sonoma
- Mick Schroeter: Director of winemaking, Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards, Windsor
- Elizabeth “Liz” Thach: Master of wine, professor of wine, professor of management, author
- Greg Urimi: Production manager, Paul Hobbs Wines, Sebastopol
- Larry Van Aalst: Radio host of “The Sonoma Wine Report,” CRN Digital Talk Radio, Santa Rosa
- Wilfred Wong: Chief storyteller, wine.com, San Francisco
- Debbie Zachareas: Wine expert and lecturer, Napa County
2019 Miro Zin Wins PLATINUM Medal in the 2021 Critics Challenge Intl. Wine CompetitionThe 2021 Critics Challenge International Wine & Spirits Competition received over 1000 wine entries that were evaluated by the judges in a blind tasting in San Diego, CA. A total...
Best Red and Best of Show to 2019 Miro Cellars Cuvée Sasha Grenache/Syrah in the 2021 Sunset International Wine Competition Awards Santa Rosa, Calif., — June 21, 2021—With a record number of entries, the 2021 Sunset International Wine Competition awarded Best Red and...
2021 Orange County Wine Competition Awards Gold Medal and 90 Points to Miro's 2019 Cuvée SashaThe 45th Annual OC Fair Commercial Wine Competition was held June 5th and 6th, 2021. Competition organizers, volunteers, and judges were thrilled to return after the pandemic...
2021 Orange County Wine Competition Awards Double Gold Medal to Miro's 2019 Petite SirahThe 45th Annual OC Fair Commercial Wine Competition was held June 5th and 6th, 2021. Competition organizers, volunteers, and judges were thrilled to return after the pandemic...