WINEMAKER’S TASTING NOTES: The wine is bright and lively, with concentrated “Zini” aromas: predominant dark cherry, blueberry and plums. Layered aromas of wild berries, sage, and wild herbs—typical for this vineyard—invite revisiting the fragrances of the wine over time in the glass. New French and American oak aging introduced subtle aromas of vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and nuanced toast and smokiness. The mouth feel is rich and medium bodied. Very soft and elegant tannins accentuate the wine’s long and juicy finish. There is a pronounced acidity and minerality from this vineyard, characteristic of the cool climate of the valley and low yields of a vineyard nearly one hundred years old. This is a very versatile food-pairing Zin, and this wine will satisfy your palate with many of your favorite dishes. The wine is delicious now, but with some patience and proper aging, in 2-5 years it will be even better.
102 Syrah Ct.
Cloverdale, CA 95425
Sorry, we do not have a tasting room.
- Wine Spectator 91 Points for Miro Cellars Reserve Zinfandel Alegria Vineyard
- 90 Spectator points for 2013 Miro Cellars Reserve Petite Sirah Coyote Ridge Vineyard Dry Creek Valley
- Wine Enthusiast 91 for 2014 Miro Cellars Orsi Vineyard Pinot Noir
- 2016 Fingerlakes International Wine Competition: Two Double Gold Medals
- 90 Points for 2013 Alegría Zin